It’s easier for everyone with the Lickimat Splash!
This innovative pet food bowl and mat features a textured pattern and bowl-like shape to make it easier for your dog to enjoy its favourite foods. Designed with a suction-cup base, Lickimat Splash can stick to any flat, smooth surface like glass and tile; e.g. You can even stick the bowl on your car window while travelling with your pet or use it to lure your pet into the bath!
As your dog scrapes their tongue over the textured surface, they experience a relaxing and cleansing sensation. Licking repetitively can help relax and soothe your pet’s anxiety or cure its boredom, especially when you’re away from home. The textures help scrape away food particles and bacteria from the tongue, which aid in improving overall dental and oral health.
Repetitive licking also boosts saliva production that leads to better digestion due to the enzymes found in saliva. You can freeze treats (e.g., homemade bone broth, softened dog biscuits, treat pastes) on the Lickimat Splash to give your dog a cool treat to enjoy in warmer weather.
Benefits of Licking and Slow-Feeding Your Pet
Repetitive licking can help calm and soothe your pet by releasing a specific hormone (endorphins) that aids in relaxation and de-stressing. Licking is like a massage to your pet, so using a Lickimat product can help make stressful situations, like travelling, vet visits or being home alone easier.
Adding treats to the Lickimat entices your pet to the mat. It encourages them to lick over the textured surface to stimulate the calming hormone and keeps them focused on a particular activity. Lickimats can also help redirect their licking behaviour to a specific point rather than their paws. furniture, carpets, etc.
*Note: In some cases, if your pet’s licking has become excessive and constant, consult your vet. Licking can be a way for your pet to ease pain due to medical conditions like arthritis or allergies. Licking may not always be because of anxiety or boredom.
You can use Lickimats to help slow-feed your pet. Slow-feeding is the process of forcing your pet to eat more slowly. It’s ideal for pets that gulp down their food or eat other pets’ meals which can lead to digestive issues and even choking. Lickimats like the Lickimat Buddy Deluxe gives you a surface with limited space to help slow-feed your pet. Use the spaces between the textured patterns to sprinkle kibble around the mat and make your pet take their time with eating. You can also use these slow-feed pet aids to your advantage by controlling your dog’s portions. Slow-feeding can help improve overall feeding experience and digestion for your pet.
Make treat time longer and more fun with the Lickimat Splash!
- Textured pet treats mat and bowl designed to help combat boredom and calm your dog to improve behaviour.
- Features a suction-cup base to stick to flat, smooth surfaces like the side of the tub, on the side of windows, etc.
- Can be used as a slow-feeding treat or food mat to help prolong meal and treat times – prevents indigestion and choking.
- Great to use as a medical-free way to help calm and soothe your pet during stressful times or when they’re bored at home by themselves
- Stimulates saliva production to better digestion/gut health and helps clean the tongue to improve dental and oral health
- Makes your dog’s sense of taste more pronounced due to repetitive licking
- Made from non-toxic and food-grade TPR and PET materials
- Safe for dishwasher use and can be placed in the freezer for frozen treats.
Dimensions: 20cm x 20cm